Thursday, September 5, 2013

It's a Start

I have an obsession with checklists. As the countdown for my departure to Thailand is coming to a close, I realize just how much I have accomplished in the last month. Purchase a computer, check. Plan a month of travelling, check. Apply for a visa, check. I have continuously checked off my to-do list and created new lists. I am leaving for Thailand tomorrow!

Lately, the most common phrase I have been hearing is, "Raquel, what do you want to do before you leave?" While there are those I love that I am sad to leave, I am ready to go. Saying goodbye is never easy, but as I keep reminding myself and others, it is only for a couple of months. Before anyone realizes it, I will be back and ready for a new adventure.

I am viewing Thailand as a renewal, a new beginning. While this is not necessarily what I wish to do for the rest of my life, it's a start. I hope I am able to discover a new, stronger side to myself. Bring on the culture shock, humidity, and upset stomach. I am ready for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment